Almeria in Spain is known for its beautiful sandy beaches and dry sunny year round weather but it also is famous for its film set. Mini Hollywood where some top block buster films have been made and are still being made.
The new Terminator is being filmed in Almeria.
Played by Arnold Schwarzenegger, Terminator 6, also starring Linda Hamilton has been in Almeria for two weeks.
The film crew have taken over the small hamlet of Isleta del Moro, in Cabo de Gata. His previously filmed Conan the Barbarian was also filmed in Almeria, in 1982.
Here’s a few other greats filmed here in Almeria….
• A Fistful of Dollars (1965)
• Once Upon a Time in the West (1968)
• Trinity Is Still My Name (1971)
• Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade (1989
- Lawrence de Arabia (1962)
- Un puñado de dólares (1965)
- Érase una vez en el Oeste (1968)
- Le seguían llamando Trinidad (1971)
- Indiana Jones y la última cruzada (1989)
- Winnetou Return (1998)
- Baile de los vampiros (2001)
- Les Dalton (2004)
- Exodus (2014)
In Tabernas, the only desert in Europe, are the authentic westerns scenarios, now turned into the most original Mediterranean Theme Park with Live Shows.
There is a huge Zoological Reserve with more than 800 animals of 200 different species, Pool Areas and a large range of Restaurants, Educational Activities and Events.
What many do not know is that one of the main Indiana Jones movies, The Last Crusade, was filmed here in Almería.
The dry Ramblas witnessed the actors Harrison Ford and Sean Connery in heavy armor battling against the Nazis, as were the scenes of Petras.
plan your visit here
A few more famous films all shot in Spain did you know?